CFBBA has been closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation. Out of an abundance of caution for the health and well-being of our players, coaches and parents, we have decided to delay the start of the Spring 2020 baseball season. We tentatively plan to resume games on Friday April 3rd.
As of this morning all baseball fields are closed till further notice from the cities. We ask all teams to refrain from practices and scrimmages during these three weeks.
Additionally, the City of Farmers Branch has asked that all group gatherings not exceed 250 people. Therefore, Opening Day Ceremonies have been cancelled and will not be rescheduled.
CFBBA will continue to monitor and react to the situation as needed. We will provide a more detailed update on Friday March 27th.
More info on COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Safety tips to consider:
- Stay home when you are experiencing symptoms (fever, headache, body aches, sore throat, difficulty breathing, chills & fatigue)
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Practice social distancing: remaining out of congregate settings, avoiding mass gatherings, and maintaining distance (approx. 6 feet).
The safety and security of our players is, and always will be, our highest priority. Thank you for your understanding during this time.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me or any other CFBBA board member.