4TH ANNUAL TATER TOURNEY
All Charitable Gate Fees (canned goods/monetary) will be donated to:
**October 16th - 17th**
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TODAY!!
7/8CP, 9/10KP, 11/12, 13/14 (54/80), 15U - Freshman
Ages 7U-14U YOUTH: 3 Game Minimum; 2 Game Pool Play Saturday; If 8 teams or more, split to gold/silver brackets for Sunday; Single Elimination Bracket Play on Sunday; Champions & Finalists of each bracket take home rings!!
McInnish Sports Complex, Fields 6-9 & 12-15, in Carrollton, TX
Ages 15U - Freshman: Sunday ONLY; 8 Teams Max; 2 Brackets of 4; Round Robin - 3 Games; Top 2 Seeds of each bracket take home rings!! After speaking with coaches, could consider one of the games being the evening prior, or if less than 8 teams, a different format.
McInnish Sports Complex, Fields 10 & 11, in Carrollton, TX
League Age Determination Date is:
AGE AS OF MAY 1, 2022
We are NOT able to honor the report card or grade exception rule for YOUTH 7U-14U since we use dual age groups; however, we CAN honor this rule for the 15U - Freshman Age Group. Please look below for rules supporting this.
For the YOUTH 7U-14U Age Groups, this is an open tournament but intended for Rec or lower level AA/D3 teams!
For the 15U - Freshman Age Group, this is an open tournament, ALL are welcome!
Firm Registration Deadline:
Monday, October 11th, by midnight
Schedule to be posted:
Wednesday, October 13th, by midnight
Rosters must be submitted by: Thursday, October 14th, by midnight
Please submit rosters (including first/last name and DOB) to: email@example.com
POOL PLAY SCHEDULE
16 Team Max per YOUTH Age Group
8 Team Max for 15U - Freshman (Sunday ONLY play)
CFBBA Rays (Martinez)
Coppell Cowboys (Rose)
CFBBA Padres (Hougen)
CFBBA DTX Padres (Cavazos)
CFBBA Cobras (Wilcoxson)
CFBBA Giants (Hougen)
CFBBA Cubs (Jones)
CFBBA Scots (Skidmore)
CFBBA Hotboyz (Perry)
CFBBA Aztecs (Montes)
CFBBA Cubs (Jones)
CFBBA Tigers (Harris)
CFBBA A's (Goodman)
CFBBA Wolfpack (Martin)
CFBBA Generals (Cox)
CFBBA Scots (Boulden)
CFBBA FB Hustlers (DuBose)
CFBBA Falcons (Velasquez)
CFBBA Diamondbacks (Nelson)
CFBBA Scrappers (Loafman)
15U - Freshman
DC Kings (Le)
Texas Scrappers (Salazar)
Texas Generals (Shelton)
$400 Registration Fee + Charitable Gate Fee of 10 Canned Goods per Rostered Player OR $10 per Rostered Player
$50 discount to teams that are registered for the CFBBA Fall 2021 season
Your spot is reserved in the tournament once you have paid a $100 deposit or the full registration.
If you choose to pay the $100 deposit, the balance is due online by midnight Tuesday, October 12th.
Please check-in at least 45 minutes prior to the stated start time of your first game.
Check-in table will be set up between the 12-15 quad and the 6-9 quad, near the food trucks. Please bring proof of insurance (if you are not with CFBBA), and we'll have your roster and waiver there for the Coach/Manager to sign, along with a check list and a place to receive your canned goods/monetary donations. Each player does not have to choose the same option, it can be a mix; however, we need the Coach/Manager to collect everything and bring to us for the entire team. If choosing $10 per rostered player, we can only accept CASH.
The following vendors have been invited to this event!!
225* Texas Style Barbecue
(They'll have Brisket, Ribs, Sausage, Turkey Legs, Chips, and Sodas. They accept cash or card.)
National Federation of High School Rules (FED)
- 7 Innings; 2 Hour Time Limit; Finish the Inning
- Mercy Rules are: 15 after 3, 10 after 4, 8 after 5
- If you have a true freshman that turns 16 before May 1, 2022, we need the following items that will need to 1) be emailed to the Tournament Director by midnight, Thursday, October 14th (firstname.lastname@example.org), 2) be submitted to the Tournament Director at the check-in table for review prior to the first game, and 3) be kept with the Head Coach/Team Manager for the duration of the tournament:
- Copy of the original Birth Certificate
- Report Card or Student ID that shows the player's name, current grade (9th/freshman), and current school year (2021-22)
7/8-13/14 YOUTH RULES
**/***USSSA Rules w/Caveats on CFBBA Site (use AA rules), plus....
- CFBBA teams must play with roster submitted during tournament registration. (i.e. you may add players from outside of CFBBA)
- CFBBA Fielding Rotation rules do not apply.
- Dug-outs are first come, first serve.
- For Pool Play, a coin flip will determine home/away.
- For Bracket Play, the higher ranked seed will be the home team.
- No pitching limitations, but coaches are strongly advised to use sound judgement, while keeping each player's health a top priority.
- A pitcher may NOT re-enter as pitcher in the same game, once removed.
- Pool play games will be 1 hour 30 minutes, finish the inning; No new inning once time has expired; Pool Play games may end in a tie.
- Bracket play games will last: 1 hour 30 minutes; finish the inning; No new inning once time has expired; In case of a tie, extra innings will be played up to 6 completed innings. If after 6 innings are played, the game is still tied, the following Tie-Breaker will be used: last 3 batters that batted load the bases, 2 outs, 2-1 count on each batter
- Mercy Rules are: 15 after 3, 10 after 4, 8 after 5, ALL divisions
- Mathematical Elimination DOES apply, NO CUMULATIVE.
- There shall be a 5 run cap per 1/2 inning in 7/8 & 9/10.
- NO RUN CAP per 1/2 inning in 11/12 & 13/14.
- PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY, AND BE READY TO TAKE THE FIELD 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE STATED TIME. FAILURE TO DO SO COULD RESULT IN A FORFEIT.
- PLEASE HAVE BIRTH CERTIFICATES ON HAND IN CASE OF AGE PROTEST. Protests must be made within the first 45 minutes of the game and will require a $100 deposit. If the player/coach cannot provide a birth certificate, the player will be considered illegal.
Inclement Weather & Refund Policy:
- If the tournament is cancelled due to inclement weather, prior to any games being played, a 100% refund will be issued.
- If a team only completes 1 game, due to inclement weather, 2/3 of the registration fee will be refunded.
- If a team only completes 2 games, due to inclement weather, 1/3 of the registration fee will be refunded.
- Once bracket play begins, no refunds will be given.
- If bracket play games are not completed, due to inclement weather, rings will be awarded to the top 2 remaining seeds in each bracket.
- When discussing inclement weather, a game is considered complete after one inning is complete.
- Any team disqualified from the tournament will not be refunded.
- If a team withdraws from the tournament with at least 7 days notice, a full refund will be issued.
***CFBBA YOUTH Rules can be found by clicking on "Rules" on the left side of the screen.
***Be sure to read General Rules and Age Group Rules for AA divisions.